Your Views: Reconfiguration of Breast Screening, Assessment and Symptomatic services
ent and Symptomatic services
Warrington and Halton Hospital Trust are proposing to reconfigure Breast Screening, Assessment and Symptomatic services to develop a Centre of Excellence based at The Captain sir Tom Moore Building (CSTM) at the Halton Hospital site.
The proposals will see Breast Assessment and Symptomatic Assessment Services moved from Warrington hospital to the Captain Sir Tom Moore Building (CSTM) at The Halton Hospital site to:
- ensure patients receive the best specialist care in a more supportive environment
- allows for more efficient use of equipment and scheduling
- create a rapid service, which will lead to shorter waits for patients due to improved efficiency with the same level of staffing.
- Futureproof the service structure against predicted higher future demand.
WHH NHS proposals will co-locate on the same site:
- Screening and Assessment Services
- Symptomatic Breast Surgery Service.
- The CANtreat Chemotherapy service
- Macmillan Delamere Cancer Support and Information Centre.
This provides patients with the option of having all stages of assessment, advice and treatment on the same site.
The full proposals together with detailed explanation and answers to some Frequently Asked Questions are available in the document Engagement and FAQs – Reconfiguration of Breast Screening, Assessment and Symptomatic Breast Services. There is a questionnaire at the end of this document so you can give us your views on our proposed changes to Breast services. You can print off and return this document via mail to the address on the back page of the document.
Alternatively you can fill in the Online Questionnaire via:https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3WYZHD8
If you would like to hear more about the proposals and ask questions directly to the Project Team you can join one of Microsoft Teams Virtual Engagement Sessions via the links below:
Tuesday 11 May – 6:30 – 7:30pm
Friday 14 May – 10:00 – 11:00am
A full public consultation on these proposals will be carried out between May 28th and July 6th 2021
Paper versions of the engagement document and materials in alternative languages and format are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 01925 662114.